PDA

View Full Version : My next project? Thunder Machine concept

Xerofall
01-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Woot! First time post on Cobra Island.

Anyway, if I can find 1:18 scale model parts I want to try something like this...

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e213/Surlon/GI%20Joe/ThunderMachine1.jpg

Now I know it's different... but I am really diggin the look of this weird version of the Thunder Machine. I basically took images of a die cast 1979 Trans Am, a Hot Rodded Ford Model T truck and added lights and a police light bar. Then added a jet engine and twin gattling guns. Of course the paint will be different, this was just a quick concept I made up using cut and paste.

Finding parts will be hard... those two die cast models are like $30-50 each and I'm not even sure die cast can be cut and spliced together. I would love to find plastic models of these two vehicles. But the 1:18 scale makes it pretty hard.

I guess I just like the look of this picture... thought I'd share. :)

Apacolypse
01-09-2008, 12:52 AM
I was wondering the story on that pic.

I like it. I'd beef it up just a bit....put some more artillery on it. Good luck with it...hopefully you can make it see the light of day. :thumbsup

Thewyseone
01-09-2008, 01:56 AM
hope you find what ya need.that has the makings of a great custom.

Xerofall
01-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the comments... unless I find some 1:18 scale stuff, I may pass on this and chalk it up to just a concept drawing... or use 1:24 scale models (seems they are the industry standard as far as availibility) and not use it with any figures.

I'm bidding on an old school MOBAT for an enhanced custom and I'm looking into maybe an ASP enhanced custom. (Basically, I'll be enhancing them with gear like my HISS tank on Hisstank.com.)