PDA

View Full Version : A short story for your enjoyment.

Trench Knife 19
01-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Sticks and Stones May Break Your Bones, But Serpentor’s Blood Can Kill You
A GIJOE Story by Trench Knife 19

Poison eats away the membrane of the cell. It’s corrosive stench blasts through bloody tissues and kills the mitochondria in a spew of blackened vomit. It feeds upon the waste and grows larger. The infection has penetrated throughout the host’s bloodstream and Death marches in with his sickle swinging…

Spirit Ironknife’s eyes snap open. Sweat beads on his forehead, and his muscles spasm after being clenched unnoticed while he journeyed on his vision quest. The Great Spirit had shown him a possible future in which everything he loved was dead, and over the entire land loomed the hood of Cobra…

Her latest assignment had Covergirl working undercover once again. She was Ms. Sambrano today, 10th grade math teacher at Taos High School in New Mexico. Intelligence reports had it that one of Serpentor’s missing clones, Hannibal was enrolled there; an unwitting pawn in Cobra Commander’s latest mad scheme. It was already 1400
Hours and no sign of the boy…

Hannibal wandered anonymously among the herd of classmates into 5th period Math. The new teacher was hot and he had grabbed a chair at the front of the room to get the best possible view. The formulas she was teaching began to drone together as the class progressed and it wasn’t long before most of his classmates were asleep with their heads lying on their desks and drool hanging from the corner of their mouths…

Dr. Mindbender had done Cobra Commander an unexpected favor with the creation of Serpentor and his clone offspring. Hidden within the DNA sequences of each clone lies one extra string of genetic code. When the blood of each has been recombined, a new genetic imperative is initiated. The mixture is stable in its liquid form, but if the blood is allowed to dry in an exposed area it becomes airborne homicide. Cobra Commander’s new medical sickjob, Scalpel only needs the blood of one more of Serpentor’s little brats to complete his deadly package for the United State’s capitol and agents are already in place to bring about his capture…

Spirit bids his grandfather goodbye and together with Freedom races towards town. The premonition he had just received warned that Covergirl was in grave peril. His truck could not seem to pick up speed on the gravel and sugar sand of the trail. He tensed again with anticipation as he turned off of the trail onto I-40 heading towards Taos. The odometer jumped up to 93…

Three school employees changed out of their blue utilities, only to replace them with red and blue body armor. Mops and trash cans were traded for multi-burst laser rifles and synthetic composite wrap-around helmets. Gone were the cheerful smiles. It was almost time to grab the kid…

Covergirl was finishing up her lecture. She had visually confirmed the target and was only burning time until class finally came to an end. Something made her shoulder blades pinch together and she could not shake the feeling that everything was not alright. The bell rang and she followed Hannibal from the classroom towards his locker. Suddenly a door on the left side of the hallway exploded outwards. Three armored Vipers crashed out into the hallway to surround the boy…

Hannibal instantly rolled forward onto his shoulder into a somersault from which he emerged in a fighting crouch. He faced the three Vipers with a Bic pen gripped firmly in each hand. One of the thugs lunged forward to grab his arm, but was met with the tip of one of the pens jammed into the connecting point between his thumb and hand. The point severed ligaments and muscle to a depth of 2” and the Viper jerked his hand away with blood jetting upwards with metronomic precision from the hole…

Covergirl’s Glock 9mm slid easily from its concealed holster on her thigh. She swung it towards the Viper closest to the boy, but as she did so, he jumped back howling with blood from the severed artery in his hand spewing everywhere…

Spirit was explaining himself to the office secretary when they both heard students screaming. He had had enough with words and as his Bowie seemingly jumped into his hand he sprinted towards the commotion with Freedom only a wing’s beat behind…

Having realized that their so-called victim was anything but, the two unharmed Vipers swung their rifles at his head in an attempt to knock him unconscious. Hannibal ducked under one of the rifles and moved in a fireman’s drill maneuver towards the Viper who had swung it at him. As he pivoted upwards, he drove the tip of his remaining pen into the joint between the Viper’s armored cod piece and the plate which protected his inner thigh. There was no scream this time. Shock clamped down upon throat muscles and every other muscle in the bastard’s body as well. Excrement, urine and blood hit the floor only a second before the meat bag’s body did…

The remaining Viper’s head centered in her sights and Covergirl exhaled. The steady pressure of her finger on the trigger increased and recoil lifted her arm slightly as the bullet sprang forward. The hollow point round’s tip flared outwards as it had been designed to do. The soft inner metal spread into a buzzing wheel of death as it struck the small exhaust port at the back of the Viper’s helmet just above his spine. Gore erupted from the front faceplate and spattered Hannibal’s eyes and face with gray matter. He groped blindly into one of the classrooms nearby…

Spirit saw a lone Viper standing with blood still dripping from a gash in his right hand. With a laser rifle in his shaking left, he was taking unsteady aim at Covergirl. Freedom dove at the Viper’s head and he raised the rifle upwards involuntarily to ward off the ripping claws. As he did so, his finger depressed the trigger and a blast of light burned instantaneously through the air just above Covergirl’s shoulder. Spirit snapped his wrist forward launching his knife upon a glittering trajectory. With an ominous gurgle it sank to the hilt within the Viper’s unprotected throat and he toppled forward to lie among his fallen conspirators…

Spirit confirmed that Covergirl was unharmed and sprang to the door through which Hannibal had vanished. The room was empty and a shattered window explained how Hannibal had made his escape. Covergirl and Freedom joined Spirit in the doorway. Another threat from Cobra had been averted, for now…

C.I.A.D.
01-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Wow Lee..you really have a great writing style, my friend.

I thoroughly enjoyed that story! Is this a continuing plot, or was this a one shot deal?

Trench Knife 19
01-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the interest. This was my entry into a contest on the old Alleyviper.com board. (It won by the way.) I do not intend to write anymore, but I never know when the mood will strike. Time and motivation is what it's all about. Anyway, I posted this here to let you all enjoy it. I had a hell of a good time writing it.

Apacolypse
01-25-2008, 12:18 AM
I knew I read this before....

I'm still waiting for it to continue. :shifty

:lol

Great job!!

Trench Knife 19
01-25-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm still waiting for it to continue!

I did mention the part about proper motivation, didn't I? Maybe it's time for APAC with his unlimited resources and vast legions of Cobras to sponsor another contest!:2guns

Apacolypse
01-26-2008, 06:14 PM
:lol