PDA

View Full Version : MY remaining PLAGUE TROOPS

BW3 Viper
11-26-2006, 05:47 AM
decided to create my own "final 10" Plague troops to go with the first 3 we have been given.

some of the writing isn't so great (Heat Viper's could have been better) but I tried giving them a little pizazz custom figures are in mind.

Singsing came up with two names for his figures he made, I took the names and applied them to different characters.

Hope you like them. obviously I have a running theme with the G names that the other figures set with the exception of Skullbuster who should be in this group

Ghetto Blaster
Cobra Plague Trooper
Alley Viper
Primary specialty: Urban Warfare/Infantry
Secondary specialty: Vehicle Driver

Name Dukes C, Tyrone
Birthplace Waxahachie Texas

Growing up poor as the unloved child of alcoholics on a farm, Ghetto Blaster ran away from home at a young age to the big city up north where he was accosted by the police on a daily basis. From there he joined one of the local gangs and not too long after that, found his way into Cobra where his home grown nastiness led him to the Alley Viper training school.

“The man loves what he does!” says his fellow Vipers. “Guy loves nothing more then the sound of his automatics running from clip to clip. The guy is so bad, sometimes he doesn’t even put on his armor before going out! The sight of a Joe on his street brings a smile to his face, the local cops just makes him laugh!”

Gangrene
Cobra Plague Trooper
Medi Viper
Primary Military Specialty: Doctor/Interrogator
Secondary Military Specialty: Infnatry

Name Melendrez, Benito
Birthplace Sabaneta, Venezuela

Growing up a revolutionary, Gangrene quickly found himself learning medicine from one of many organ processing centers. Learning medicine but tiring of his meager surroundings, he absconded with many of the holdings at the hospital, and traveled to America and joined Cobra hearing that they work with even more exotic weapons and instruments and treat even more nasty injuries.

“Heres a man creeps out all other Cobras. He prefers the operating table and later interrogation room but he has no problem grabbing a gun and joining in a firefight. It just gives him more work to do later and Gangrene is a man who loves his work!”

SkullBuster
Cobra Plague Trooper
Range Viper
Primary Military Specialty: Long Term Wilderness Survival
Secondary Military Specialty: Infantry

Name Treba, N Curtis
Birthplace Pleasant Praire, Wisconsin

Growing up just north of the state border, Skullbuster played in woods and fields all day long and joined the scouts as soon as he was old enough. Moving a little south with his family, Skullbuster met the man who grew up to be HEAVYDUTY and the two started a rivalry from everything they could in the scouts with HEAVYDUTY eventually joining GI JOE. Beating out his position, Skullbuster out of spite joined Cobra.

“The guy can live in the woods, sleep in mud and eat whatever crawled in his boots the next morning. He’s an animal.” When asked of his favorite meal he would say whatever he could chase and stalk before it finally gave up, doesn’t matter if it’s a possum or skunk. Skullbuster however waits for that day he can sink his bowie knife into something real tasty, that thing being Heavy Duty.

Gravedigger
Cobra Plague Trooper
Night Viper
Primary Military Specialty: Nighttime operations

Name Rupp, G Tim
Birthplace Defiance, Ohio

Gravedigger grew up a fairly ordinary boy in a Midwest town. He got decent grades and after school joined the guard where he excelled at nighttime details. One night he and friends were caught spying in restricted areas and Gravedigger was thrown out by the grace of his friends who made up a story to save themsleves. Feeling he had nowhere to go, out of desperation he joined Cobra and entered their corps.

“Nothing gets by Gravedigger, at all! That sadly is all we really know is since no one really gets close to him. He prefers it that way. He can spot a Joe convoy moving down a road and if even one of us offers support he’ll turn the gun on us. Best leave him to do his job since he’s pretty much the best at what he does anyway.”

Greasemonkey
Cobra Plague Trooper
Motor Viper
Primary Military Specialty: Attack Vehicle and transport driver

Name Gleeson, Lawrence
Birthplace El Monte, California

Often serving as the “wheel man” for various stick up crimes and a popular figure in car boosting underworlds, Greasemonkey is one of the most vile men behind the wheel. There is nothing he can’t hotwire on four or two wheels and no cop he can’t outrun. Cobra saw these things as being pluses and when an agent paid Greasemonkey a visit, he was all ears seeing as how liquor store robberies don’t pay the bills.

The Cobra Motor pool is full of smoke belching war machines that all run a little bit meaner and leaner with Greasemonkey behind the controls or under the hood. Attack vehicles are stealthier due to a lower engine noise and turn faster with the metal banged in the right places. He’s just the man to control the Plague Troopers vehicles into battle!

Gorgeleaper
Cobra Plague Trooper
Rock Viper
Primary Military Specialty: Mountain Assault and Climbing

Name Wick, F Michelle
Birthplace Saranac Lake, New York

Growing up near the Adirondack Mountain range where she would spend most of her time with her friends, Gorgeleaper spent all day and night among the animals and streams learning of the mountain range. This caused her grades in school to suffer and her parents to throw her out of the house due to their dissapointment. Cobra however was more then willing to take her in and exploit her craft.

Gorgeleaper learned that if your foe is climbing alongside you, you cut their line. If the only drinking water is where the animals are then the animals are removed. Shimmying up the hill as fast as you can is one thing but keeping it is another. Gorgeleaper knows this now and is ready to make her new home, Cobra safe on the mountain side at any cost.

Gas Stalker
Cobra Plague Trooper
Toxo Viper
Primary Military Specialty: Hostile and Exotic weapons

Name Hills, B Robert
Birthplace Garland, Texas

Growing up a failed performance artist who used a smoke machine in his act to appear out of nowhere, Gas Stalker took to finding a good character building job like his parents taught him. With an interest in the military, but unable to meet strict health requirements a Cobra recruiter asked him what job he wanted, he replied “Whats the lowest I can go?”

“Good enough to make the elite Heavywater troopers, Gas Stalker likes it right where he is to prove his value and spirit. From creating a foul fog to dissapear, a debilitated enemy often can’t tell where Gas Stalker will come from and strike.” Many people jeer at the “leaky suit brigade” but Gas Stalker wears that moniker like a badge on his chest and will add “and darn proud of it!”

Gash
Cobra Plague Trooper
Ninja Viper
Primary Military Specialty: Infantry with emphasis on edged weapons
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert operations

Name Jo, Chad
Birthplace Santa Cruz, California

Growing up spoiled as the son of wealthy immigrants who owned a small chain of boutiques, Gash’s parents realized that martial arts would help bring him discipline. After only a year or two of enduring the training, Gash only used his training to shake down kids and later joined a gang. Cobra later stepped in and completed his training.

“Put simply, Gash hasn’t the second nature most Ninja Vipers have. Sure he is capable of a few impressive maneuvers to defeat the unskilled but it’s his mean spiritedness from his youth that makes him go. He just tries again, no matter how many times he hits the floor and if to beat his opponent is to offer a handshake followed by a knife in the gut so be it!”

Gun Slinger
Cobra Plague Trooper
HEAT Viper
Primary Military Specialty: Explosive Weapons / Tank Buster

Name Simontak, Adujuad Mahk
Birthplace Jalalabad Afghanistan

Tiring of the revolutionary ways in his war torn home, Gun Slinger worked hard on his own and moved west to attend college on a ROTC program bill. Facing ridicule from his peers due to his roots, he left and later found his place in Cobra as a form of revenge on his former colleagues.

The HEAT Vipers are trained extensively in the use of Bazooka weapons and Gun Slinger is the best there is in his field. With his one man can achieve attitude, Gun Slinger loves the feeling of one man and his one big gun wiping out a whole boatload of enemy troops. One shot is all he needs for any target!

Grizzly
Cobra Plague Trooper
Snow Serpent
Primary Military Specialty: Cold Weather Assault / Infantry
Secondary Military Specialty: Cold Weather Survival / Wilderness Survival Instructor

Name Toppfeldt, Luther
Birthplace Kalispell, Montana

One to live off the land and survive anywere, Grizzly learned to love the outdoors and survive wherever he can. Proving to test his might, he joined Cobra for exotic training all over the world. Taking Range Viper training, he went into the Eel program and finally the Snow Serpent course making him one of the most vicious troops led by Cobra Commander.

Already a member of Cobra when the Plague Troopers were formed, he applied for the top position. Technically having the additional training over Guillotine would have made him a shoe in but with Guillotine’s more practical use as an Eel where as Grizzly specializing more in cold weather combat, it was nixed. Guillotine reminds Grizzly of this when he can. Grizzly reminds him that he’s second in command if Guillotine had an accident. Don’t turn your back on him!

C.I.A.D.
11-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Very cool, BW3. Oddly enough, I too have a Plague Trooper project going, and we even have some of the same names....YOU THIEF! LOL

I like how you kept the whole "G as the first letter of the name" pattern. I swtiched mine up alittle.

Alley Viper - Grave Digger
Frag Viper - Gash
Incincerator - Hellfire
Night Viper - Silence
Techno Viper - ???
Snow Serpent - ???

I haven't thought of names for the last two yet....

Very cool stuff though, man! Good Job!

aci1985
11-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Awesome profiles for a complete unit, very cool.

BW3 Viper
11-26-2006, 04:24 PM
It was fun. Ghettoblaster was a name that just came to me and I loved. Gorgeleaper was a silly name but I made it work. Gas Stalker while a name is beyond stupid was easily the most fun character to work on.

The in joke with his character that Garland Texas is modeled after "Arlen" on King of the Hill and Robert B Hills, is "Bobby Hill" Bobby wants to be a prop comic and Hank is telling him to give 110%. In the episode where Bobby works at the race track, Hank tells him to take the worst job and do it better then anyone else.

C.I.A.D.
12-03-2006, 03:18 AM
Ok, so I mixed things up a bit. Tell me what you think, BW3.

Since I'm going to be using the dtc rhino as a transport, SSJ suggested I have a driver...so instead of going with a snow serpent Im going to go with a track viper named gears....so the line up is now

guillotine - eel
gallows - saw viper
grim skull - sand viper
grave digger - alley viper
gash - frag viper
ghost - night viper
gears - track viper
grime - techno viper
glow (placeholder name) - incinerator

I think that's going to be it for me. I'm drowning in extra steel brigade figures :lol

I really like your profiles for the figures. A shame I'm not that creative. Im going to have to ask ooalb to write them for me :shifty

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
12-03-2006, 03:35 AM

Since I'm going to be using the dtc rhino as a transport, SSJ suggested I have a driver...so instead of going with a snow serpent Im going to go with a track viper named gears....so the line up is now

guillotine - eel
gallows - saw viper
grim skull - sand viper
gash - frag viper
ghost - night viper
gears - track viper
grime - techno viper

I think that's going to be it for me. I'm drowning in extra steel brigade figures :lol

I really like your profiles for the figures. A shame I'm not that creative. Im going to have to ask ooalb to write them for me :shifty

How about Gasoline for the Incinerator?

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
12-03-2006, 03:37 AM
I'm drowning in extra steel brigade figures

Damn dude really? Oddly enough I might be able to help you there.

C.I.A.D.
12-03-2006, 03:55 AM
How about Gasoline for the Incinerator?

BRILLIANT!

BW3 Viper
12-03-2006, 04:05 AM
I love Gasoline as an Incinerator name. Never had an Incinerator and never bothered with it, Shock Troopers or Bats would do it for me but I like the Incinerator name more as it carries more weight and originality then the Viper names do. Snow Serpent and Desert Scorpion are cool.

BW3 Viper
12-03-2006, 02:50 PM

guillotine - eel
gallows - saw viper
grim skull - sand viper
gash - frag viper
ghost - night viper
gears - track viper
grime - techno viper

Sounds good, I like going with the G names myself, though my friend doesn't. Keep in mind Gears was a Joe character, though a Star Brigade one.

The one word codenames are okay, I tried using two name ones or long one word ones, but as I learned from looking in a dicitonary you can only get so many G names to be tough or cool sounding which is why I settled on some of mine like Gas Stalker and Gorge Leaper.

C.I.A.D.
12-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Sounds good, I like going with the G names myself, though my friend doesn't. Keep in mind Gears was a Joe character, though a Star Brigade one.

Yeah, that's where I stole the name from. I was going to go with gearhead....but it didn't sound as intimidating.....

The one word codenames are okay, I tried using two name ones or long one word ones, but as I learned from looking in a dicitonary you can only get so many G names to be tough or cool sounding which is why I settled on some of mine like Gas Stalker and Gorge Leaper.

Yeah, I looked through a thesaurus,.....which is where I originally got the name GLOW for the incinerator....

Other than the first 3...I like the other names...

Gash - Cuts through the enemy...like a gash.

Grave Digger - An alley viper from the inner city....he's used to digging graves, be they for friends or enemies.

Ghost - You can never see him...but you have that eerie feeling that he's there. By the time you realize it, its too late.

Gears - He's a track viper. hiss 2's have gears. Nuff said.

Grime - Always working on something mechanical, he's always covered in grime.

Gasoline - Incinerator. Nuff said.

Now I just need a cool name for the DTC rhino.

BW3 Viper
12-04-2006, 04:26 AM
Now I just need a cool name for the DTC rhino.

Gutsroller

JdS_VvI
12-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Gallows

Ground-to-Air-L----??-Laying-Offensive-Wagon

edit:
I just noticed one of your troopers is Gallows. So scratch my idea. Renegade was playing *shrugs* hangman is com.....*trails off*

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
12-05-2006, 01:35 AM
The perfect name just came to me, but it's a bit odd.

In the middle ages when the black plague was running rampent, it was carried from town to town by people how were carriers of the disease, but presented no sympthoms.......they were lovingly called Typhiod Mary's.

What better to carry your Plague into battle than The Typhiod.

I wanted to say Typhiod Mary, but Typhiod works pretty well too.

SingSingJohnny
12-05-2006, 03:19 PM
How about Gristle for the Incinerator?

:think

BW3 Viper
12-05-2006, 03:34 PM
How about Gristle for the Incinerator?

That was a character in the 93 wave. It's one people really like or hate. He was originally supposed to be a part of DEF in 93 but since that series didn't continue he was moved to Battle Corps.

Gristle would be a GREAT name for a Kitchen Viper!

SingSingJohnny
12-05-2006, 04:03 PM
D'OH!

I can't believe I ripped off an exisiting name, let alone from such a LAME figure (IMO...)! :D

:beat

BW3 Viper
12-05-2006, 04:22 PM
D'OH!

I can't believe I ripped off an exisiting name, let alone from such a LAME figure (IMO...)! :D

:beat

Never owned Gristle, but I think with all due respect I would like Clean Sweep More, I can think of stuff to use him for.

SingSingJohnny
12-05-2006, 04:36 PM
I had a Gristle, recently...I used his head to make THIS Cobra Commander...

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/joe/joe58.shtml

Sorry, I couldn't find a pic of him unmasked...you know, the one with the disguised head? Mustache, ponytail and sunglasses? Gristle actually looks a lot like him from the comic!

:grin

SingSingJohnny
12-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Well, how about these?

-Gore

-Ghoul

-Grotesque

-Grapple

-Genicide

-Ghast

Hmmm...

Ultra Magnus
12-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Glad you're including Skullbuster in the plague set. I'm forever saying that if a Range Viper was included, it would have to be him. Though, my story involved the discovery that he was actually Heavy Duty's younger brother, who always felt as if he could never fill his brother's shoes.

BW3 Viper
12-06-2006, 04:24 AM
I had a Gristle, recently...I used his head to make THIS Cobra Commander...

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/joe/joe58.shtml

Sorry, I couldn't find a pic of him unmasked...you know, the one with the disguised head? Mustache, ponytail and sunglasses? Gristle actually looks a lot like him from the comic!

:grin

Beatnik Cobra Commander is awesome. Him with Destro in the stolen car is one of my favorite parts of the classic series

BW3 Viper
12-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Glad you're including Skullbuster in the plague set. I'm forever saying that if a Range Viper was included, it would have to be him. Though, my story involved the discovery that he was actually Heavy Duty's younger brother, who always felt as if he could never fill his brother's shoes.

I took the route of friendly rivalry. Living in Wisconsin for most of my life and knowing of the rivalry that Wisconsin has with Illinonis (sic?) made this one easy to do. The rivalry if you didn't know as I've always been told is that while Wisconsin has nice real estate along the lakes and summer getaways (belive it or not) rich Illinois people with their Audis come up here, spend their money think were dumb and then race back to Illiniois. Again thats what I've always heard. Skull and HD would have a similar rivalry

BW3 Viper
12-12-2006, 04:25 PM
I will try and begin work on these guys tonight now that school is over with.

C.I.A.D.
12-12-2006, 11:03 PM
I will try and begin work on these guys tonight now that school is over with.

Then....the RACE IS ON!!!

The paint apps are already being applied to my figures.... :mwahaha

BW3 Viper
12-13-2006, 12:14 AM
I leave for California in a few days, so you'll definetely win, but I'll do it when I get back

BW3 Viper
01-10-2007, 05:13 AM
I've started work on getting the parts put together for my Plague Force, just need some paint too. Hopefully I can borrow some from a friend who does this kinda stuff all the time. A few are going to be LBC's but I can live with that

BW3 Viper
01-13-2007, 05:30 AM
Not really, Iv'e just begun modding some old figures into what will be my Plague troops. I havne't painted them yet but this is what I have to start.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/bw3viper/1sthalfofplaguetroops.jpg

from left to right, top to bottom is:

Ghettoblaster Gas Stalker Gunslinger
Guillotine Grizzly Gallows

more to come, I will start to paint these first though I'll try and start tommorrow.

C.I.A.D.
01-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Right on man, hope you get the paint you need :thumbsup

BW3 Viper
11-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Even with my time off, I still haven't done much here. I still have a pantsload to the 10th buttload of spare parts to go through to make other characters. Painting is the tough part.

Ultra Magnus
11-26-2008, 01:09 AM
Aye. I have a buttload of figures assembled that I just haven't been able to paint. :\

BW3 Viper
07-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I just looked through my spare parts and I have several. I just need to start picking out parts to finally finish this.

Viper Colonel
07-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Awesome figures, can't wait to see the next batch.