PDA

View Full Version : TRU ROC 5-Packs out!

Ultra Magnus
10-28-2009, 01:10 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i291/ScrapBagger/joelogo.jpg

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww197/NemesisFrank/tru5-pack10270900.jpgHISS Tank member neo-viper reports that the TRU Exclusive G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra 5-packs have been released!

The G.I. Joe pack contains:
-Dial Tone
-Law and Order
-Zartan disguised as a G.I. Joe Trooper
-Footloose
-Repeater

The Cobra pack contains:
-Neo-Viper
-Elite-Viper with Dog
-Duke in "Infiltration Gear"
-MARS Officer
-MARS Trooper

Ultra Magnus
10-28-2009, 01:11 AM
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww197/NemesisFrank/tru5-pack10270901.jpg

Ultra Magnus
10-28-2009, 01:13 AM
I'm especially excited about the G.I. Joe set since I plan to buy two sets and put one of the sets in reactive impact armor. :thumbsup

Flint
10-28-2009, 01:39 AM
Is it me or does Repeater got reverse Michael Jackson syndrome going on ?

BW3 Viper
10-28-2009, 03:36 AM

No it's true. Hasbro and they're inability to make new characters, so they just fu** with old ones. It's the reverse Benchpress syndrome. Benchpress could have been a cool new character until you realize it's Rock N Roll with a new name.

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
10-28-2009, 05:57 AM
I'm gonna grab at least one Joe set...I do want two Cobra ones at least.

BW3 Viper
10-28-2009, 06:27 AM
I would be interested in the Cobra set the screwed with Joe Desert set kinda ruins it for me. Moreso in that MTB Dial Tone or even a 25th styled Dial Tone may be a pipedream now

Ultra Magnus
10-28-2009, 01:28 PM

Do you mean he likes women over the age of consent? :wink

No it's true. Hasbro and they're inability to make new characters, so they just fu** with old ones. It's the reverse Benchpress syndrome. Benchpress could have been a cool new character until you realize it's Rock N Roll with a new name.

For the most part Hasbro needs to keep these names in circulation or else some other company might snatch them up. New characters are great, but you want to keep as many of the old names as possible.

To me this is a lot like what happened when Beast Wars hit. You saw a lot of name reuse for characters who were completely different from their original counterpart (the most extreme example being Inferno-G1: Firetruck, Beast Wars: Pyromaniac fire ant). I like the new take.

I would be interested in the Cobra set the screwed with Joe Desert set kinda ruins it for me. Moreso in that MTB Dial Tone or even a 25th styled Dial Tone may be a pipedream now

I don't necessarily think that would be the case. The attack and defense of Cobra Island sets came out right around the same time they released ROC, and they're planning on doing Resolute sets sometime next year.

It might be some time coming, but I don't think they'll let slide the opportunity for a figure that fans will buy.