PDA

View Full Version : Pharaoh Serpentor Question

Syrlandevale
04-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Color-Viper's Napoleonic Serpentor on horseback has inspired me to do a pharaoh rendition of Serpentor. I liked how his different personas exuded through in the episode "My Favorite Things," so I created a version based on the pharaoh Akhenaten (I always felt like Serp's costume looked more Eqyptian than Romanesque). I also gave him Golobulus' tail as I am calling the piece "Golobulus' Heir." My question is, would you guys rather see a sculpture of this painted in a realistic fashion, or painted as a bronze statue. The reason I ask is the piece ended up being slightly larger than a GI Joe, so a bronzed rendition would make it look like a statue in Serpentor's honour, but a realistic paint scheme brings out more detail. There will also be a pen and ink drawing to go along with it. I'll slap images of these up this weekend (I have to finish this now since I have a huge project for a client coming up next week). Also, I have to commend all of you customizers... I paint and sculpt only in life-sized scale and had no idea how difficult it is to create something this bloody small. Thanks for any opinion you can spare.

SingSingJohnny
04-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Hmmmm, that's a tough one. Bronze would be awesome, very regal, seems fitting for Serpentor, but then I would also love to see it done in realistic colors as well...:think

It'd be cool to see both! :D

But I'm gonna vote for realistic coloring...can't WAIT to see the finish products! :thumbsup

C.I.A.D.
04-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Hmmmm, that's a tough one. Bronze would be awesome, very regal, seems fitting for Serpentor, but then I would also love to see it done in realistic colors as well...:think

It'd be cool to see both! :D

But I'm gonna vote for realistic coloring...can't WAIT to see the finish products! :thumbsup

My sentiments mirror SSJ's to the letter :thumbsup

Thanks for allowing us to throw our two cents in, man! :salute

Thewyseone
04-11-2007, 09:14 PM
i cant decide,both are great ideas.:D

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
04-11-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm gonna go with realistic.

Bronze would look nice, but I've always felt depth comes from the colors and tones used, all bronze just seems.....well less interesting to me.

Apacolypse
04-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Both ideas are great.

Bronze would go great in a dio setting...as it would be as you said...a statue.

I'd like to see it either way.

As a customizer...I'm gonna say Bronze it, but definately detail the shadows in it. :thumbsup

Syrlandevale
04-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Well, since I recieved more "realism" votes, I'll go with that. That way, if you guys don't dig it, I can still paint bronze over it. I did the sculpture two nights ago and the drawing last night, so I'll try to paint the sculpture tonight and post images Fri or Sat. Thanks for the imput.

aci1985
04-12-2007, 12:06 PM
I'd go with realistic man, definetly would like to see that in real color, but if you go Bronze it would look just as cool.

SingSingJohnny
04-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Well, since I recieved more "realism" votes, I'll go with that. That way, if you guys don't dig it, I can still paint bronze over it.

Brilliant idea! :thumbsup

Color-Viper
04-12-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing this!

Apacolypse
04-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Yeah...good point. You can always bronze it if you feel it would look better.

Either way...I'm sure its gonna look hella cool!! :thumbsup

I just voted for bronze cause I got a mental picture of a bunch of :cobra troopers standing around it, as a statue. In color...its gonna make a killer display piece.