View Full Version : Serp Sculpt

Syrlandevale
04-13-2007, 03:43 AM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t210/syrlandevale/3.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t210/syrlandevale/2.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t210/syrlandevale/1.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t210/syrlandevale/4.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t210/syrlandevale/5.jpg

Well, I feel as though I have let you guys down, having you go through the trouble of voting on a paint scheme, but the paying project I have coming up got bumped closer. Thus, due to time constrictions, I was forced to just bronze the sculpt. Unfortunately the process revealed several mistakes that I didn't pick up in the clay, and my piss-poor photography left out the details. I should be finished with this commission in less than two months, so I will have to wait until then to carve out the mistakes and repaint it all. To make matters worse, my scanner is shot, so I couldn't post the drawing. I am going to my sister's tomorrow evening to use her scanner, so I will post it then. Feel free to say what you will; everyone loves compliments, but we can only learn from criticism. If there's something wrong with you and you actually like the sculpt or the drawing that shall be posted tomorrow, then please feel free to make any requests. In between gigs, my free time is pretty monotenous, so it would be nice to have a challenge or two. Sorry again.
-cheers

SingSingJohnny
04-13-2007, 03:52 AM
Dude, no complaints here...that thing ROCKS! The pose is dynamic, the detail is awesome and the paint job makes it look like it was actually sculpted out of bronze or gold!

Personally I can't wait to see MORE of your stuff...

Thanks for sharing your work!

:thumbsup

Apacolypse
04-13-2007, 03:59 AM
I voted for Bronze...so I'm not disappointed.

That aside....THAT IS SICK!! It looks awesome, and I must say...I really, really like it bronzed. The sculpting on it looks great to me.

Great Job!! :thumbsup

C.I.A.D.
04-13-2007, 12:26 PM
I want it! :D

Great friggin' job, man!

aci1985
04-13-2007, 12:30 PM
I voted for color, but the bronze still looks amazing, like CIAD said, I want it, lol.

GRNLNTRN715
04-13-2007, 12:54 PM
The bronze is looking very good! Nice sculpt all around man! Reminds me a little bit of Medusa from Clash of the Titans, which was phenomenal.

That and it scared the hell out of me! I didn't know what the f*ck I was looking at for a second, since I didn't pay attention to the other thread. That'll teach me!

I like it a lot!

Syrlandevale
04-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Beh... the more I see it the more I hate it. I wish I didn't have to wait so long to repair it. If anyone really does like it, then they can bloody have it... less hassle for me. I noticed the Medusa likeness too. That is probably where my subconscience came up with the bow and quiver. Thanks for all the comments, and I'm sorry again that it was so haphazardly rushed. Drawing slapped up tonight.
EDIT: I lied. No pic tonight. I'm not leaving until tomorrow, so I won't utilize my sister's scanner until then.

Color-Viper
04-13-2007, 09:06 PM
I think the scuplture is very cool.

When i saw the snakey tail, it made me think not of Medusa but of Golobulus. I thought it was a nifty connection.

You've got a fine piece there

C.I.A.D.
04-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Beh... the more I see it the more I hate it. I wish I didn't have to wait so long to repair it. If anyone really does like it, then they can bloody have it... less hassle for me. I noticed the Medusa likeness too. That is probably where my subconscience came up with the bow and quiver. Thanks for all the comments, and I'm sorry again that it was so haphazardly rushed. Drawing slapped up tonight.
EDIT: I lied. No pic tonight. I'm not leaving until tomorrow, so I won't utilize my sister's scanner until then.

You better NOT give that fig away! It's goregous!!!!

However, if you do have to/want to give it away.....I say the #1 choice of who should receive it is...

Aci1985. By far the biggest Serps fan here...and I KNOW he'd appreciate it!

ahem...but then that still leaves the one you have to make for me, Apac, GL, Wyse, etc. :lol

Syrlandevale
04-14-2007, 12:08 AM
If Aci wants it, it's his. I'll even pay shipping. Whatever anyone requests, I'll hook them up. I'd love to create more art that is actually fun and not just what people tell me to do. I've just never done anything this size, so I feel out of my element... I don't feel like it is what I am capable of. The drawing I'll slap up here is a little more like my usual capabilities. Granted, it's rushed as well, but I know my limits and I unfortunately don't think I could do much better without painting something on canvas. Maybe after this commission in a month or two I can start cranking out some better quality stuff. -cheers

Apacolypse
04-14-2007, 12:33 AM
It looks great!! Very generous of you to offer it up, especially after putting so much time and effort into it. :thumbsup

I hope that you will continue to create in this scale though, I know when I started customizing...I learned it takes time, and some crappy customs, to figure out what works and what doesn't. For your first attempt in this scale...Its Awesome, I never would of guessed it was the first!!! I just hope you will try another project (or thirty :lol) in this scale...as I'm sure we all would love to see them. :thumbsup

C.I.A.D.
04-14-2007, 12:52 AM
Salud :cheers